Monday, June 9, 2008

Lesson 8 - Key Verses

binah
êfōh hāyîṯā bəyāsəḏî-’āreṣ hagēḏ ’im-yāḏa‘ətā ḇînâ (Job 38:4)
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.

mî-šāṯ baṭṭuḥwōṯ ḥāḵəmâ ’wō mî-nāṯan laśśeḵəwî ḇînâ (Job 38:36)
Who has put wisdom in the inward parts, or given understanding to the mind?

lāḏa‘aṯ ḥāḵəmâ ûmûsār ləhāḇîn ’imərê ḇînâ (Prov.1:2)
To know wisdom and instructions, to understand/discern the words of understanding.

nabi', ala'
hinnāḇē’ wə’āmarətā ’ălêhem kōh-’āmar ’ăḏōnāy yəhwih ha‘ălêṯî ’eṯəḵem miqqiḇərwōṯêḵem ‘ammî (Ez.37:12)
Prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: I will bring you up from your graves, my people.'

[demonstratives]
əzarə‘ăḵā nāṯatî ’eṯ-hā’āreṣ hazzō’ṯ (Gen 15:18)
To your descendants I give this land.

hû’ hadāḇār ’ăšer dibarətî ’el-parə‘ōh Gen.41:28)
This is the word which I spoke to Pharoah.

No comments: